Unleashing the Power of the PMP
|Date:||10 June 2023|
|Time:||9:30 – 17:30|
|Venue:||Nil (Online Training)|
|Instructor:||Mr. Alex Sin|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 1,800|
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 2,100
|Remarks:||As a prevention measure against the spread of COVID-19, The training will be delivered online with Zoom (Guideline). Please contact PMI HK admin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2784 1880|
PMBOK® Guide could be a treasure to all project managers. It is a matter of how to unleash the power of the Guide. Project management professionals (PMP®) may study the Guide for examination purposes rather than using it in projects. Further to the release of the Seventh Edition of the PMBOK®, project managers may still be unsure about how to practice the methodology. This requires a lateral approach to interpret the methodology and convert it into daily practices.
This is a one-day course which aims to provide practical guidance on helping project stakeholders (incl. PMP®) decode the PMBOK® Guide and maximize its values. Participants will study the key terms that are difficult to understand or implement. In the workshop, participants will view the PMBOK® Guide very differently and apply it in live projects.
The course will cover the following contents:
- The key success factors of running a project by PM professionals
- • The sideways interpretation of the features of the PMBOK® Guide
- Re-visit: Why Project? Why to be a Project Manager (PMP®)?
- How to identify a problem project at the beginning
- How to give PM the upper hand
- How to recover from a problem project under pressure
- How to spend resources more wisely
- How to motivate others without authority
- How to derive the WBS and Gantt Chart from the team
- Milestones development and management
- Project Managers and professionals
- PMP® aiming at gaining PDU
- People who would like to uplift their skills with the PMBOK® Guide
- For non-PMP, who wants to know about the PMBOK® Guide or plan to take the PMP® Examination
Instructor’s Profile – Mr. Alex Sin, Vice President, PMI HK
PMP®, PMI-ACP®, ITIL/ITSM® Manager
Alex Sin is an independent consultant with more than 26 years of IT experience with expertise in Consulting, Project Management and Training. He is a certified instructor in a few areas including IT, Consulting and Management Development. Alex is well equipped with Methodology to deliver IT Consulting. He is also a practitioner of PDI, MBTI and DISC well-known consulting tools.
Alex enriched his Project Management experience from large scaled projects like Libraries, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department and Companies Registry. He recently completed a virtualization project for a local telecommunication company.
Alex is currently a VP Volunteer at Project Management Institute Hong Kong Chapter. Alex graduated from The University of Toronto with major in Computer Sciences and Mathematics.