Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email email@example.com Category Courses
Unleashing the Power of Business Analysis in Agile and Waterfall Projects
|Date:||31 October 2020|
|Time:||9:30am – 5:30pm|
|Venue:||Nil (Online Training)|
|Instructor:||Mr. Alex Sin|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 2,100
|Remarks:||As a prevention measure against the spread of COVID-19, The training will be delivered online with Zoom (Guideline). Please contact PMI HK admin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2784 1880|
Project professionals always want to increase the success rate of projects. We try to freeze the scope and then accurately estimate both time and resources required to finish the project. This is what we called ‘Waterfall’ approach to which we have been using. When the project plan fails to catch up the business changes, the project results provide less value to the business. We would use Agile approach in an ever-changing business environment.
What happens when the requirements are no longer valid towards the end of the project? Finally, project team may claim project success, but product becomes less useful. What went wrong? It’s no longer a matter of selecting the right project methodology.
When we go back to square one, reasons for launching a project are to support business. Project professionals need to help business owner to completely understand, elicit and fully describe their business requirements to the project team in both functional and non-functional perspectives.
This 1-day workshop course will equip Business and Project Team with right skills to manage requirements in a lifecycle even before project starts. We shall manifest the power of the PMBOK Guide, Agile methodologies and Business Analysis Practice Guide.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Compare the Agile and Waterfall approaches
- Describe the common Agile methodologies
- Develop and manage a product backlog (requirements)
- Apply the model, processes and tools to a sample project in class
- Apply the best practices to enhance project outcomes, as a Business Analyst (BA)
- Plan for your PMP®, PMI-ACP® or PMI-PBA® exam in an effective way
- Comparison of Agile and Traditional approaches
- Overview Agile methodologies
- Scrum and XP overview
- Project Initiation
- Project vision and initiation
- High level estimation
- Product backlog
- Story maps and the product roadmap
- Release Planning
- Minimally marketing feature
- Story maps for releases
- Prioritization methods
- During the Iterations
- Planning meeting
- Daily stand-up meeting
- Team Roles
- Reviews and retrospectives
- Continuous improvement
- Iteration reviews, retrospectives
- Manage changes
- Business Analysis
- Enterprise Analysis
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Requirement Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Requirement Management and Communication
- Sample questions
- Those who want to refresh their knowledge of the PMBOK Guide
- Those who want to know Agile or work in Agile environment
- Business Analyst, Project Manager, Product Owner (Agile) and project stakeholders who want to know the best practices in Business Analysis
- Lecture, exercise, game
Instructor’s Profile – Mr. Alex Sin, Vice President, PMI HK
PMP®, PMI-ACP®, ITIL/ITSM® Manager
Alex Sin is an independent consultant with more than 26 years of IT experience with expertise in Consulting, Project Management and Training. He is a certified instructor in a few areas including IT, Consulting and Management Development. Alex is well equipped with Methodology to deliver IT Consulting. He is also a practitioner of PDI, MBTI and DISC well-known consulting tools.
Alex enriched his Project Management experience from large scaled projects like Libraries, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department and Companies Registry. He recently completed a virtualization project for a local telecommunication company.
Alex is currently a VP Volunteer at Project Management Institute Hong Kong Chapter. Alex graduated from The University of Toronto with major in Computer Sciences and Mathematics.