Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Category Courses
The Consultative Approach in Project Management
|23 January 2021
|9:30am – 5:30pm
|Nil (Online Training)
|Mr. Alex Sin
|PMI HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 2,100
|As a prevention measure against the spread of COVID-19, The training will be delivered online with Zoom (Guideline). Please contact PMI HK admin at email@example.com or 2784 1880
Project acceptance really depends on the full delivery of the customer’s needs. Helping customers to elaborate their needs is a key to success. A project manager needs to play different consulting roles in projects. It is because customers only deal with someone they like and trust. There requires a systematic way to build relationship with customers, earn their trust and then follow your professional advices. A consultative approach is usually more successful than a traditional project management model.
At the end of the class, students will be able to:
- Build rapport readily with stakeholders at the initial meeting
- Explore customer’s needs efficiently
- Present a solution in a project perspective
- Maintain partnership for long term success
The course can be summarized in “4G”:
- Present yourself
- Show your understanding
- Help customers to articulate their needs
- Use questioning and listening skills to identify the gap between current situation and desired situation
- Confirm issues and summarize information gathered
Going to Show
- Understand and recognize the obstacles
- Propose a solution benefited to customers
- Solve problem in perspectives of personal and business
Going in partnership
- Ensure right solution in place
- Monitor execution
- Deal with unexpected personnel or issues
Who should attend?
- Consultants who works with internal and external customers, including sales, technical professionals, project managers, IT service providers, finance, engineering, human resources and management professionals. This training is an added value for them to execute their roles.
- Consultants and technical persons who serve customers in complex projects or assignments
- Consultants, Sales, service and support people who need to increase customer satisfaction
Instructor’s Profile – Mr. Alex Sin, Vice President, PMI HK
PMP®, PMI-ACP®, ITIL/ITSM® Manager
Alex Sin is an independent consultant with more than 26 years of IT experience with expertise in Consulting, Project Management and Training. He is a certified instructor in a few areas including IT, Consulting and Management Development. Alex is well equipped with Methodology to deliver IT Consulting. He is also a practitioner of PDI, MBTI and DISC well-known consulting tools.
Alex enriched his Project Management experience from large scaled projects like Libraries, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department and Companies Registry. He recently completed a virtualization project for a local telecommunication company.
Alex is currently a VP Volunteer at Project Management Institute Hong Kong Chapter. Alex graduated from The University of Toronto with major in Computer Sciences and Mathematics.