Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email email@example.com Category Courses
Stress Management on Tough Projects
|Date:||7 March 2020|
|Time:||9:30am – 5:30pm|
|Instructor:||Dr. Kelvin Wan|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 2,100
Project stress, workplace stress, family stress, body stress, life stress, relationship stress, financial stress …etc. Stress is everywhere nowadays!
This course unveils the modern ways of managing different forms of stress practically in psychological research-proven-ways. By handling stress early and correctly, participants could mitigate the chance of self and staff members suffering from common psychiatric and psychological illnesses, e.g. depression, anxiety and OCD, due to hyper-pressure from workplace.
- Align your emotion system (right brain) and logical system (left brain) on handling stress under project environment. Note: A lot of stress is arisen because the non-alignment of them. One accepts, at the same time, one rejects
- Wake-up your inborn psychological-immune system to manage stress for you automatically
- Transform uncontrollable Stress to “Managed Stress” and co-exist with it comfortably. Note: Stress cannot be eliminated totally
- Practical ways to manage depressed and anxious staff members in your workplace. Create hopes and meaning for them through advanced coaching skills
- Introduction to Modern view of Stress
- Stress Definitions in different situation
- Stress is a subjective feeling or an objective issue?
- Cognitive view and ways of managing stress
- Internal stressor VS External stressor
- Positivity helps alleviating stress
- Emotional view and ways of managing stress
- Analysis of emotion reaction
- Ability of emotion control
- Physical & behavioral view and ways of managing stress
- Relationship of stress and human body
- Biological way to explain the effectiveness of releasing stress by having physical and stretching exercise
- Spiritual view and ways of managing stress
- Relationship between stress and “life objective and meaning”
- Strengthen self-image and confidence to manage stress effectively / strategically
- Psychological Resilience
- Modern definition of psychological resilience
- 3C proven method of developing personal psychological resilience
The benefits of attending “Stress Management on Tough Projects” can be summarized in 4 areas:
- Understand the impact of stress in business project environment
- Manage stressed project situations effectively through modern stress interventions e.g. positivity, commitment, life challenge and controllability.
- Acquire modern ways of effective stress management from cognitive, emotional, physical, behavioral and spiritual perspectives under project environment
- Apply research-proven-ways of enhancing personal psychological resilience in order to manage unforeseen stress ahead
- Project, HR and IT Leaders who need to manage stressed project, stressed workplace, stressed team, stressed wife/husband, stressed kids, stressed Self and/or, most importantly, stressed Boss !!
- Project management professionals (PMPs / PMI-ACPs)
- Project business stakeholders and users
- PMI Certification holders e.g. PMPs/PMI-ACPs aiming at gaining PDU
- Highly engaged, highly interactive and high-energy (3H) classroom delivery mode by Dr. Kelvin WAN.
- Attendees find strong engagement and involvement in the class
- A lot of Real Life Case study and sharing
- A lot of Real Life application exercises and group discussion
Dr. Kelvin WAN, Global Master Trainer and Corporate Coach of a Listed MNC and PMI HK Chapter Ex-Vice President
Honorable Volunteer Helper at Psychiatric and Psychological Ward @ Prince Margaret Hospital (PMH)
Certificate of First-aid on Acute Emotional and psychological Patients
Certified Hypnotherapist and NLP Coach
Certified Personality Dimensions Trainer &
Certified Stretching Coach
Dr. WAN is a “3H” High-touch, High-energy & Highly engaged Live Trainer and Corporate Coach. He has been providing “live” training and coaching to 7000+ executives in last 20 years coming from US, UK, Middle East, Asia Pacific regions and GBA on psychological resilience, stress managemnt, coaching, happiness, soft skills, methodologies and company strategies. The average project experience of participating leaders is 15 years. He is also a practitioner-scholar. His recent research paper about Soft Competence for executives has been accepted by a renowned US forum and published on major search engines.
Kelvin is an experienced project professional. He has been the global PMO Lead in HSBC to rollout a multi-million USD e-learning platform to 330,000 staff members in 78 countries. In his current role, his main responsibilities are overseeing the project professionals upskilling, individual life/career coaching, positivity (positive thinking), staff’s level of happiness, stress management, talent (HiPo) management, capability assessment and curriculum development for the listed company.