Grit and Optimism for highly stressed Project Professionals
|Date:||30 October 2021|
|Time:||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Venue:||Online Training (Zoom)|
|PDU:||2 (1-Leadership, 1-Business)|
|Instructor:||Dr. Kelvin WAN, PMI Authorized Training Partner (PMI ATP)|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 540
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 600
|Remarks:||As a prevention measure against the spread of COVID-19, The training will be delivered online with Zoom (Guideline). Please contact PMI HK admin at email@example.com or 2784 1880|
This 2-hour bite-size course intents to provide experience project professionals the latest PM research findings and best practices about applying grit and optimism effectively for managing stress under changing environment.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Grasp firmly the importance of new traits of effective project professionals
- Apply grit and optimism to enhance the probability of project success and customer satisfaction
- Compare and Contrast the project outcome of “Pessimistic Leader” and “Optimistic Leaders” under Agile Environment
This course is intended for experienced project leaders who would like to unlearn (the old) and re-learn the contemporary research-based PM knowledge, skills and wisdoms from various sources such as, but not limited to, HBR, MIT Sloan papers, PMI research journals, consultancy firm (e.g. McKinsey & BCG) market findings, … etc.
Before attending this course, project leaders are preferable to have:
- Willingness to switch on Cam during training period
- Possess Business/ Entrepreneur mindset
- Some knowledge of project management
- Basics of psychology e.g. cognitive thinking, beliefs, unconscious mind
- Some people management skills
- Ability to openly share, articulate and present knowledge, experience and information in a systematic and clear way
- Willingness to join the class activities and learn from each other
Dr. Kelvin WAN, PMI ATP Approved Trainer
Adjunct Professor, One of the Top-50 university in 2021 QS Ranking
Global Master Trainer and Corporate Coach of a Listed MNC
Master Trainer and Founding ExCo, iLEAP, Hong Kong Computer Society (HKCS)
Ex-VP Certification of PMI HK, PMI
Dr. WAN is a “3H” High-touch, High-energy & Highly engaged Live Trainer and Corporate Coach. He has been providing “live” training and coaching to 7000+ executives in last 20 years coming from US, UK, Middle East, Asia Pacific regions and GBA on psychological resilience, stress management, coaching, happiness, soft skills, methodologies and company strategies. The average project experience of participating leaders is 15 years.
He is also a practitioner-scholar. His recent research paper about Soft Competence for executives has been accepted by a renowned US forum and published on major search engines.
Kelvin is an experienced project professional. He has been leading the global PMO in HSBC to rollout a multi-million USD e-learning platform to 330,000 staff members in 78 countries. In his current role, his main responsibilities are overseeing the project professionals upskilling, individual life/career coaching, positivity (positive thinking), staff’s level of happiness, stress management, talent (HiPo) management, team building, capability assessment and curriculum development for the listed companies.