Details:Name 2 Half Days (2020-08-07, 2020-08-14) Phone +852 2784 1880 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Change Management – a PM’s Practical Guide (2 Half Days)
|Date:||7 August 2021 (Day 1)
14 August 2021 (Day 2)
|Time:||2:00pm – 5:30pm|
|Venue:||Nil (Online Training)|
|Instructor:||Mr. Ron Leeman|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 2,100
|Remarks:||As a prevention measure against the spread of COVID-19, The training will be delivered online with Zoom (Guideline). Please contact PMI HK admin at email@example.com or 2784 1880|
Why Change Management? The world is changing at a dizzying rate and this affects the individual person, both personally, and at work. In this context, adapting to and managing change has become a fundamental skill for dealing with the present and the future role.
This course is a 1-day course (split into 2 half days) called “Change Management – A PM’s Practical Guide” has been specifically created for PMI Hong Kong Chapter and is a cut-down version of The Highway of Change’s popular and successful Fundamentals of Change Management Course. It is designed to give you enough knowledge about CM to understand how both PM and CM can work together to create project success.
The half days will be split into specific sessions (see below) that start at a high-level but will gradually get into a deeper level of granularity as the course progresses. Part of the course will also introduce you to the Highway of Change’s Practical Framework Approach to Change.
At the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply insights into and different interpretation of the meaning of the word “change”
- Understand the drivers for change, challenges face and what makes change successful
- Differentiate Change Management and Project Management disciplines and explore on how to integrate them
- Explain some of the different change management models and approaches:
- Lewin’s Unfreeze/Change/Refreeze + its pros and cons
- Kotter’s 8-step process for leading change + its pros and cons
- Prosci’s 3-phase change management process and ADKAR + its pros and cons
- Highway of Change’s Practical Framework Approach to Change (PFAC) +its pros and cons
- Learn the various approaches in changing people’s mindsets and behaviors
- Explain the complexity of organizational culture and enumerate the various culture change approaches
- Identify different kinds of resistance and ways to overcome them
- Learn how to set up a change agent network and value of having change agents
- Understand the role of the sponsor(s) and other stakeholders and their key activities
- Learn how to create change awareness and identify the different channels that can be used
- Evaluate and determine organization changes using a simple 4-step model
- Measure the readiness of a business and process of user adoption
- Explain how to evaluate the scope, size, and impact of the change and conduct impact assessment
- Understand essential elements of managing and measuring business benefits
Anyone who would like to understand specific aspects of change and the criticality of people issues and want to gain a better understanding of Change Management and how it can help in one’s current job role. This course is also for those who would like to assist employees understand, accept and embrace changes in their current business environment.
The course is an interactive virtual training event where the facilitator and participants interact in real time. The facilitator discusses a specific change management related topics and participants can join in the discussions. Delivery of the course includes stories and anecdotes from the facilitator, practical insights, lessons learned and some “mini” case studies.
Requirements for the online training include:
- Laptop or Desktop preferably with earphone or headset, camera, and Zoom application
- Note: use of mobile phone instead of laptop or desktop is not recommended
- Reliable Internet Connection
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
The “Change Management – A PM’s Practical Guide” course is made up of 2 x half-day sessions from 7 Aug and 14 Aug 2021
|DAY 1||DAY 2|
CHANGE MANAGEMENT MODELS & METHODOLOGIES
Practical Framework Approach to Change – the 3 Foundations:
Practical Framework Approach to Change – the Building Blocks (1 to 4):
Practical Framework Approach to Change – the Building Blocks (5 to 8):
Instructor’s Profile – Mr. Ron Leeman
Ron Leeman is the founder/owner of the Highway of Change and of the Institute of Change and Transformation Professional Asia (ICTPA). He has worked across the length and breadth of the UK, across many European countries and internationally in excess of 20 industry sectors and has “change managed” over 25 different technology solutions.
He is a consultant, trainer, blogger, speaker, author, a coach & mentor, and trusted advisor on all matters related to “change and transformation”.
In June 2012, he was presented with a “Change Leader of Tomorrow” Award by the World HRD Congress in recognition of his “remarkable progress in initiating changes enough for others in the same industry to follow his example”.