|Date:||23 February 2023 (Thursday)|
|Time:||7:00pm – 9:00pm|
|Speaker:||Dr. Anthony S. Fung|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 180|
Non PMI HK Member: HKD 280
|Remarks:||As a prevention measure against the spread of COVID-19, |
The seminar will be delivered online with Zoom (Guideline).
Please contact PMI HK admin at email@example.com or 2784 1880
About the Topic:
- Process automation plays a key role in digital transformation, making the digitalized business processes perform better, faster, and cheaper
- Rule-based, routine, data-intensive, and high-volume tasks with digital inputs are ideal business processes for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Integrating RPA with AI and Machine Learning allows the RPA ROBOTS to perform more complex tasks, extending their capabilities and enabling them for Intelligent Process Automation. For example, Machine Learning enables the robots to spot the data patterns and relationships in facilitating the extraction of selected data from a pile of documents
- Benefits of RPA deployment are easy to estimate (e.g., Productivity, Execution speed, Accuracy, and FTE savings), but one needs to safeguard the ethical principles during RPA implementation
- Implementation of RPA is similar to that of Business Process Redesign. One must first identify the proper process suitable for digitalization, then improve and streamline it before automation. RPA will accelerate the exposure of problems in the as-is process and pile up the faults in no time.
- If the presentation schedule permits, the presenter will conduct a demo on RPA and share his insights with the audience.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Anthony S. Fung
Dr. Anthony S. Fung is a business process automation evangelist with expertise in business transformation, operation, and technology management, process and organization re-design, and new business building. He has more than 15 years of working experience as a Chief Operating Officer in the education sector, leveraging information technology to facilitate operational effectiveness, performance measurement, and better decision-making. He worked closely with a university undertaking a large-scale transformation project resulting in a sustainable continuous improvement platform based on ISO Quality Management Systems Framework. Dr. Fung also has extensive management consulting experience for companies of various industries in the region. With the recent advance in business process automation through integrating with AI and machine learning, he believes this will pave the “last mile” to offer an opportunity to achieve end-to-end automation in business processes.
Dr. Fung is a certified UiPath Advanced RPA Developer (UiARD). He is currently serving clients in the banking and financial services sectors.
Reminder: As a courtesy, audiences are recommended to stay till the end of the seminar. PMI Hong Kong Chapter may consider not issuing PDUs to members if their attendance is less than 75% of the session.