Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Negotiation Skills Workshop
|Date:||24 October 2020|
|Time:||9:30am – 5:30pm|
|Instructor:||Mr. Alex Sin|
|Fee:||PMI HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI HK Member: HKD 2,100
|Remarks:||The training will be conducted as Classroom Training (face-to-face). If you have any enquiries, please contact PMI HK admin at email@example.com or 2784 1880|
Achieving project objectives is the mission for project managers. There includes meeting project timeline, gross margin and quality of work. Unfortunately, surprises come out every day which bring in tension. When project manager deals with tension, it’s likely to scarify customer’s satisfaction. A successful project manager always pre-states the scope of work and freezes it to avoid confusion. If everything keeps unchanged, what is the room of negotiation? Shall we start negotiation with stakeholders when problem is small or large? How can we reach agreement? Negotiation can be a problem solving technique, conflict or finally breed a battle!
The “Project Negotiation Skills Workshop” helps project team members to:
- Negotiate more effectively in project organization, with different stakeholders
- Define strategy and room of negotiation
- Negotiate on values without making unnecessary concession
- Reach agreements with stakeholders and make a reference for future projects
- Strengthen their skills on questioning, uncovering and addressing needs
- Overcome the tension with key stakeholders
- Ensure objectives which are met in terms of profits, scope and time, etc.
- Have tools to practice negotiation
- Avoid bad deals
The benefits of attending “Project Negotiation Skills” can be summarized in 4 areas:
- Successful projects increase competitiveness of your company
- Better relationship with key stakeholders ensure long terms partnership
- Experienced negotiators ensure profitability at your organization
- Surprises can be managed everyday
- Project management professionals
- Project stakeholders
- PMPs aiming at gaining PDUs
- People who would like to uplift their skills in Project Negotiation
- Interactive classroom instruction
- Case study
- Group discussion and presentation
Instructor’s Profile – Mr. Alex Sin, PMP®, PMI-ACP®
Alex Sin is an independent consultant with more than 26 years of IT experience with expertise in Consulting, Project Management and Training. He is a certified instructor in a few areas including IT, Consulting and Management Development. Alex is well equipped with Methodology to deliver IT Consulting. He is also a practitioner of PDI, MBTI and DISC well-known consulting tools.
Alex enriched his Project Management experience from large scaled projects like Libraries, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department and Companies Registry. He recently completed a virtualization project for a local telecommunication company.
Alex is currently a VP Volunteer at Project Management Institute Hong Kong Chapter. Alex graduated from The University of Toronto with major in Computer Sciences and Mathematics.