Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email email@example.com Category Courses
Essential Skills of Solution Focus Coaching to Excel Project Team Performance
Online Registration & Payment
This is a full-day intensive workshop provides an introduction to solution-focused coaching skills for project managers concerned with developing their team members’ individual performance. It is designed using a well-researched and psychologically sound approach known as Solutions Focused Coaching that builds competency, empowers and supports employees to solve their own challenges. This workshop is suitable for project managers who are new to coaching and those who have some basic coaching skills from previous training who are seeking to advance their coaching practice with specific solution oriented techniques. Drawing on principles of progressive and measured competency building of project team members through leveraging team members capabilities, solution focused coaching provides an Solution-Focused approached to breaking through blockages in project team member performance development.
- Overcome costly and time-consuming project team performance challenges
- Strengthen project team members’ skills so you can delegate more responsibilities to them and focus on more important project risks and issues
- Boost productivity by helping your project team work effectively
- Develop a deep bench of project talent who can step into your shoes as you advance in the organization
- Improve project team retention; project team members are more loyal and motivated when their bosses take time to help them improve their skills
- Make more effective use of project resources; coaching costs less than formal training
- What is coaching? Why do project manager should learn about coaching when managing project team? How does coaching improve project success? When will project manager need to coach?
- Key Solution-Focused Coaching Principles and Strategies
- Techniques of Solution-focused Coaching such as Exceptions Exploration, Scaling questions, Miracle Questioning, and Empowerment
- Application for Solution-Focused Coaching in Agile Projects
- Project Managers, Team Leaders moving into team leadership positions
- Functional Managers, Process and Performance Improvement Team Members and Business Planning Personnel
- People who would like to advance their project coaching skills
- PMPs aiming at gaining PDU
- Interactive classroom instruction
- Group discussions, role plays
- Video clip sharing
Instructor’s Profile – Dr. h.c. Paul Mau, Ex-Vice President, PMIHK
FPMIHK, PMP, CPIT(PD), ACA(Prof.), FAAAP, AAMFT(Pre-Clinical Fellow), APCPA(Registered Clinical Supervisor)
Paul is a seasoned corporate trainer, consultant, and a Family Therapist. Paul has got more than 20 years of PM experiences and taken key positions in HP SAR Limited. He has served PMIHK for about 15 years and delivered PMP Training since 2001. Paul has also provided psychotherapy services more than 12 years. Recently, he is an adjunct faculty and a clinical supervisor of the “Master of Art in Professional Counselling” degree under Olivet Nazarene University and HKICC as well as a HKU part-time lecturer. He has also conducted workshops and seminars including the psychological aspects of the management; interpersonal skills; workplace stress management; PM’s EQ Series; Psychological Management in Organization Change for OCGIO, and so on. Participants of these workshops/seminars came from ICT, consulting, banking & securities, construction, manufacturers, clinicians, university staffs & lecturers, NGOs, PMIHK, HKIB, and so on.