Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Category Courses
|13 July 2019
|9:30am – 5:30pm
|Mr. Chris Cheng
|PMI-HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI-HK Member: HKD 2,100
Given the rapid development of data privacy regulations, people nowadays are more conscious of protection of data privacy and have higher expectation of corporations in handling personal information. We can expect provisions in almost all sorts of contracts and tender documents which govern how personal information is processed and how data security is ensured.This introductory course will give you a glimpse of how the local legislation is structured and developed. You will be given the understanding of how the legislation, coupling with all issued guidelines, controls the handling of personal data and how to identify issues concerning data privacy compliance in a project. Ultimately, the course will also look into the consequences for non-compliance.
Data protection has become a vital component to the success of businesses in building employee trust and enhancing corporate image. If your business involves the collection and use of personal data, it is important that your staff is kept up-to-date and compliant with the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”).
The course is to provide an understanding of data privacy law and also to guide you on how to spot issues concerning data privacy in projects governed by overseas laws and how to identify issues concerning data privacy compliance in a project.
Small Group Discussion sessions will provide you with a chance to test your understanding and your ability to identify the relevant issues before engaging legal professionals in project.
- Have an understanding of personal data and information, the background of data protection, the consequences of not adhering to applicable laws and regulations, and employees’ responsibilities with respect to data protection
- Will possess knowledge of data protection law, as well as an understanding of the practical implications of the legal requirements under the Ordinance.
- Those who wish to deepen their knowledge of data protection.
- Those who are interested to grasp the basic of data privacy law in HK, e.g. Project Managers, Team Leaders, Business Analysts, Human Resource Managers, Compliance Officers, Data Security Personnel who want to know more about Data Privacy law
- PMPs aiming at gaining PDU
- Interactive Classroom Instruction
- Small Group Discussion
Instructor’s Profile – Mr. Chris Cheng
Chris Cheng was born and received education in Hong Kong. In 1997, he was admitted to the Bar in Hong Kong and started private practice. His practice covered a wide range of categories including commercial disputes, general civil matters, personal injuries and criminal cases. In 2004, he joined the legal team of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data during which he was a frequent advocate in the Administrative Appeals Board defending the Commissioner’s decisions. Chris also participated in the drafting of codes of practices. guidelines and other publications for the Commissioner’s Office. In 2008, Chris joined PCCW/HKT Group as legal adviser, and he is now the Chief Legal Counsel monitoring litigations and legal issues associated with employment. He is also the consultant for PCCW’s and HKT’s data privacy compliance work.