Details:Name PMIHK Phone +852 2784 1880 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Category Courses
Contract Law II
|Date:||7 September 2019|
|Time:||9:30am – 5:30pm|
|Instructor:||Ms. Winifred Lo|
|Fee:||PMI-HK Member: HKD 1,800
Non-PMI-HK Member: HKD 2,100
Do you want to learn the basics of contract law? Apart from being responsible for managing delivery of a project, do you read or deal with contracts in your role as a Project Manager? Are you in doubt of the exact meaning of some of the words in the contracts? Are you worried about your understanding of a binding contract, and the extent of your liability under a contract? Today, knowledge is power and what can be more powerful than understanding the law of contracts!
Students should have basic understanding of Contract Laws. If not, students are recommended to take the day 1 training on Essential Contract Laws for non-legal professionals.
The 2 days training will focus on understanding contractual agreements as well as equip the participants with skills to avoid the traps and pitfalls of misleading clauses that can lead to conflict and litigation. Participants will also discover how to draft contracts to minimise risk and to negotiate the right clause for your case. The course offers a practical introduction to contract law in the context of project management.
The dangers of “small prints” are well known to all project managers, but the understanding of the precise legal ramifications of a contract can make the difference between success and failure. This course is to teach you what to look for in a contract in order for you to make an informed decision, taking all potential risks and benefits into account. The understanding gained from this course will reduce the chances of contract disputes occurring, though it is impossible to account for other parties involved.
Upon completion of the course, You will be able to:
- Understand the legal implications of ‘usual’ clauses found in most agreements
- Understand the legal implications of ‘specific’ clauses in different types of agreements
- How to draft and negotiate the right clause for your case
- How to minimize your liability exposure by way of contract drafting
- Application of principles of contract law in actual scenarios
- Project Managers
- Programme Managers and Middle-Managers
- Purchasing and Marketing Managers; Contract Managers; Commercial Executives
- PMPs aiming at gaining PDUs
- Those who are interested and would like to gain an understanding in contract law
- Lecture and Group Discussion
- Interactive Classroom Instruction
- Small Group Exercises
Instructor’s Profile – Miss Winifred Lo
Winifred was admitted as a solicitor of Hong Kong in 1998 and specialized in commercial litigation and intellectual property law before she joined PCCW Group in 2002. Winifred has been working with various internal business units in PCCW Group throughout the years and has exposure in various business areas, including Consumer business, IT Outsourcing and System Integration, Software Licensing, Media Content and Music Licensing and IP Exploitation. Winifred has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and enforcing contracts and has solid “battle-field” experience to share.